(3) One of the major proponents of
(1) Lack of data on safety and efficacy. Drug regulation is based on safety first. The safety of
(2) Unknown chemical components.
(3) Potential for abuse.
(4) Lack of a safe delivery system. The most common form of delivery of
(5) Symptom alleviation, not cure. Even if
The 1999 IOM report could not settle the debate about
So what stands in the way of clarifying the questions brought up by the IOM report? The health authorities do not seem to be interested in having another review. There is limited data available and whatever is available is biased towards safety issues on the adverse effects of smoked
Clinical studies on
In conclusion, the future of